Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Spotlight on IPhone 4


I suppose it’s the artist in me but anytime I get something simple and “uniform” I immediately try to figure out how I can turn it into something that reflects my personality. I’m sure some of you are the same way. Well today we’ll be taking a look at a woman who helps people turn their phones into works of art!
I found Rebecca through a networking team on Etsy and was so impressed with her shop I had to ask her to be on my blog! So without any more ado, I give you IPhone 4 Designs:




Short Bio:
I am actually a wedding cake designer by day and an Etsy enthusiast by night. I'm a mother of two, and a wife of 17 years to my high school sweetheart. Everyone has a position in the Etsy shop, I am creative director, my husband covers the technical department (computer and printer issues), and my two little ones are president and vice president of the shipping department. Kind of...More like, post office officials.
                        If her cakes are as beautiful as her
                        phone covers I don’t think I could
                        ever bring myself to cut them! =)
This one is sooo crazy cool!!!


What inspired you to start your business?
My inspiration was more of a 'who' than a 'what'. My mother has been with Etsy for over a year, Ridge Top Cottage (http://www.etsy.com/shop/RidgeTopEmbroidery) and she loves it. Some how, and I'm not sure how, a little over a month ago I stumbled right into a passion of my own! I started one iphone case at a time and now I can barely pull myself away from the computer!

What inspires your creative process?
Crazy as I may sound, I feel like the creative inspiration dam has busted wide open! I've always had an artsy side, and have had a great outlet with my wedding cake business, but since working in my new medium, I feel like the ideas just keep coming. I actually have a little pad and pen next to my pillow...sometimes it comes in a dream :).

                                This one is my favorite and definitely
                                   Looks like a dream come to life!


What is your favorite thing you’ve made and why?
I think my most favorite item is a custom order I had received my first week on Etsy. I love the colors in the design and it inspires me to add more fantasy based items.
(Insert the pics with the listings)




What advice do you have for other people who want to start or grow their Etsy shop?
Although I do not even remotely consider myself a person to give advice, I will say this. Don't be afraid to ask, ask, ask. The vendors of Etsy can be so supportive. I quickly sought mentors and they were very receptive to share tips and tricks with me. Through their advice, I have joined teams, favored shops and promoted items.Of course the basics, great pictures, detailed listings, and a fully stocked shop. Also, so important, don't be discouraged. Rome wasn't built in a day, and Etsy sales don't show up in paypal overnight...although sometimes you wake up in the morning and there IS a sale...that can make your whole day!
I agree! Seeing a sale always makes me feel like I’m walking on cloud 9, lol!
I hope you all enjoyed reading about Rebecca and will venture over to her Etsy store and see all of her unique and inventive covers!


2 comments:

  1. I love all of these phone covers, but the first is particularly awesome ;) Great interview too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Great spotlight interview!

    ReplyDelete