Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Spotlight on Klean Kristi Kreations


Today’s spotlight is on a woman who makes bathtime fun! =)
I met Kristi in the Naughty X Nature Group on Etsy (FABULOUS group!! LOVE them!!) and got to know her in BNR’s and group games. Being a bit of a clean freak, I had to browse her shop. In addition to having the expected soaps, lavender, vanilla.. she has the most unique soaps I’ve ever seen! Sure to give you a smile and spark your curiosity!




Yes! Beer and Oreo scented soaps! Tell me you don’t want to order them just so you can smell them! =)


I asked Kristi to share with us about her business, I know you’ll find it as inspiring as I did:

I LOVE what I do with a passion and I thank God for the odd circumstances that brought me to where I am now. I was recovering from a neck fusion surgery and my husband happened to send an E-mail home to me from Entrepreneur magazine on the top 20 stay at home jobs for moms. He said he could see me doing one of two of them. One was basket making and the other soap making. I sort of scoffed at it and went on reading my E-mails. Somehow that E-mail kept bugging me so a couple of weeks later, I went back to REALLY read it and the soap making sparked an interested in my house-bound, bored self. So, I had my husband drive me to our local craft store (I was still on meds and healing from surgery) and bought the basics to make a few small soaps. I got to work and made some lollipops, pumpkins, fall soaps since it was Oct/Nov. I then gave them out to friends and family who really were impressed with my first time attempt and said I should go bigger! So from there, I did my research (being an RN and have gone to medical school for a year) I found out that there is a LOT of science involved and was overjoyed that I had found something that could combine my love of crafting with my love of science. From there, it just took off and I became incorporated in November of 2010 as Kristi's Klean Kreations.

I have since joined a networking group called Biz Moms which has helped my business grow locally and help me to find small businesses in town that will carry my products. They also support each other to no end. It was one of the best things I did. One women owns a Post Net that was sponsoring a nationwide contest for small businesses. I entered and used my contacts locally and on Etsy for support. I ended up in the top 5. This was huge! I ended up with a feature story in my local paper in the business section and I also won a gift card as a runner up prize. Of course I didn't win the $15,000 but there is always next year!!



Just about anything I see in nature or geometric designs spark my creative processes. I have made a soap once based on a stained glass candle holder.
I think my favorite soap is my Autumn Leaf Soap which I will be making soon. Smells like hot apple pie and has fall colored leaves scattered and poking out of the top. MMMMM




(Looking at these makes me CRAZY hungry, lol!!)

My advice for new people in business is to stay strong and definitely join at least one networking group.

Thank you so much Kristi!! As I’m sure your curiosity is now peaked and you are wondering what other crazy cool soaps can be found in her store here is the link:
Happy shopping!!



These are my two favorites! I LOVE coffee scented anything. I’ve ordered her anti-itch pet soap (the bone) and am very anxious to use it! =)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! This post looks awesome, and this lady is inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, she included a sample of her Candy Corn soap and it smells AMAZING!!!! Just FYI. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! You girls are making me blush!

    ReplyDelete